For our monthly talk brochure please Click here
Our Next Monthly Talk
On the first Wednesday of each month at 10.30am we hold a historical talk in King John's House. These talks are given by different speakers on a wide variety of topics.
|5 Wednesday 10.30am
Heraldry and Romsey Armorial History
by Malcolm Heathcote
|4 Wednesday 10.30am
Hamwic: the Saxon town in St Mary's Southampton
by Matt Garner
or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our other 2020Monthly Talks are:.
- 1 April: The Crimea- an illustrated talk by Stephen Whelan
- 3 June: Medway-turn of the the tide in the Pacific - by Commodore Adrian Munnsl
- 1 July: Sculpture - by Amy Godman
- 5 August: Archaeology of King John's Garden - by Frank Green
- 2 September:Gaudi - an illustrated talk by Gordon Massie
- 7 October Building on Trial - the origins of King John's House interrogated by David Jarman
- 4 November:
- 2 December: The Art of Story Telling by Mike Rogers
Below are links to small write-ups on some of the previous talks provided:
The Long Bow and its Impact on the Battle of Agincourt, by Stephen Whelan.
A Brief Introduction to Heraldry, by Malcolm Heathcote.
The Battle of Waterloo, By Stephen Whelan.
Behind the Scene at the Museum: A Glimpse of Artefacts in Store by Barbara Burbridge
Bare Necessities: A Talk on Victorian Ladies Underwear by Ruth King
The Hundred – A Charles Burnett Film