For our monthly talk brochure please Click here
Our Next Monthly Talk
On the first Wednesday of each month at 10.30am we hold a historical talk in King John's House. These talks are given by different speakers on a wide variety of topics.
May 6 Wednesday 10.30am
An Illuminating Talk - some examples of life in the Margins
by Mark Udall
|June 3 Wednesday 10.30
The Battle of the Midway - an illustrated talk by Commodore Adrian Munns OBE
| Wednesday 3 July 10.30
Amy Goodman, The Romsey War Horse and Other Memorial Projects - an illustrated talk by the Artist
Wednesday 7 August10.30The Archaeology and Creation of King Johns Garden - Frank Green
Tickets from Tickets Source
Battle of the Midway
Archaeology of the Garden
or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our other 2020 Monthly Talks are:.
- 3 June: Midway-turn of the the tide in the Pacific - by Commodore Adrian Munns Cancelled
- 1 July: Sculpture - by Amy Goodman Cancelled
- 5 August: Archaeology of King John's Garden - by Frank Green Cancelled
- 2 September: Gaudi - an illustrated talk by Gordon Massie Cancelled
- 7 October: An Illuminating Talk - some examples of life in the Margins by Mark Udall
- 4 November:
- 2 December: The Art of Story Telling by Mike Rogers
Below are links to small write-ups on some of the previous talks provided:
The Long Bow and its Impact on the Battle of Agincourt, by Stephen Whelan.
A Brief Introduction to Heraldry, by Malcolm Heathcote.
The Battle of Waterloo, By Stephen Whelan.
Behind the Scene at the Museum: A Glimpse of Artefacts in Store by Barbara Burbridge
Bare Necessities: A Talk on Victorian Ladies Underwear by Ruth King
The Hundred – A Charles Burnett Film